BreathR – Developed by the BC Children’s Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre and BC Children’s Centre for Mindfulness, along with young people, this free app provides ways to get started with mindfulness.
Breathr introduces mindfulness to youth and young adults in fun and accessible ways, through body scans, guided breathing, walking meditation, and self-compassion practices, while sharing the brain science to back these practices up.
Breethe – Learn how to de-stress and sleep better in just 5 minutes a day with a personal mindfulness coach. Breethe’s guided meditation series’, inspirational talks, and master classes from mindfulness coach Lynne Goldberg will help you better navigate life’s challenges and enjoy improved peace of mind. The app’s sleep music playlists, nature sounds, and bedtime readings teach you how to enjoy more restful sleep.
Headspace – Find calmness, wellness, and balance in your life with this app’s guided meditation and mindfulness techniques for daytime use. Before bed, try any of its new meditations for sleep including music, nature soundscapes, or storytelling sleepcasts. The app builds personalized plans based on a little input from you, so you can learn the essentials of meditation and build from there.
- Buddha’s Brain by Dr. Rick Hanson
- Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Mindfulness for Beginners: Reclaiming the Present Moment – And Your Life by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Mindful Brain by Dr. Dan Siegel Research
- The Whole Brain Child by Daniel Siegel
- https://vkwellness.ca/guided-meditations-parents/ – Body scan guided mediation guided by Kara Fogwell, registered clinical counsellor.
- https://www.mindfulnessstudies.com/mindfulness/ – Centre for Mindfulness Studies – used for the prevention of depression relapse, anxiety, chronic stress, chronic pain.
- https://www.mindful.org – Mindful Communications is a Public Benefit Corporation dedicated to sharing the gifts of mindfulness through content, training, courses, and directories-helping people enjoy better health, foster more caring relationships, and cultivate a more compassionate society.