We are excited to announce the arrival of state-of-the-art body composition testing to our community!!! This service is provided by Kye Taylor, Kinesiologist.
InBody270 technology analyzes all body tissue, providing precise and detailed objective measurements, producing exact values for each user’s unique body composition. These values will then be understood and put into a frame of reference by comparing them to recommended targets for each user’s specific profile (age, gender, and height).
The InBody brand uses a patented and sophisticated form of bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) that produces extremely accurate and repeatable results, with only the most negligible differences compared with the hospital-grade DEXA scan, which is the gold standard. Better still, and in stark contrast to other premium-level options, testing is quick, non-invasive, and affordable. By simply standing on a scale, immediate and precise results are delivered in under 30 seconds. No pinching of skin. No dunking in water. No lying motionless in the dark. Quick. Easy. Accurate. Affordable.
Measured components include skeletal muscle mass, body fat mass and body fat percentage, lean body mass, and body water balance, among others. Additionally, a segmental analysis is provided, giving the user the opportunity to further compare the compositions of different compartments of the body relative to one another such as: arm vs arm; leg vs leg; upper body vs lower body; trunk vs arms vs legs.
Examples of those who might benefit from body composition testing include those who are:
- seeking to lose weight and improve body composition
- engaged in resistance training for increased strength and muscle mass
- focused on reducing or managing chronic pain
- training for improved performance in sport, recreation, work, or general function
- striving to recover from an injury or physical dysfunction e.g. lower back pain; broken bones; muscle strains; joint replacement; shoulder dysfunction; sprained or torn ligaments; neck pain/postural issues.
- seeking to promote health and longevity through the aging process
- motivated to maintain independence and reduce the risk of falls/injury
- recovering from or managing disease or illness e.g. arthritis; heart disease; diabetes; cancer
Whatever your journey, the precise and detailed information provided through body composition testing will assist you along your way by allowing you to analyze and evaluate your progress objectively, eliminating the guesswork, so that you can proceed with the utmost confidence and certainty that your efforts are having the intended effect. When working diligently towards a goal, this real-time, actionable feedback could not be more powerful, and is a perfect example of the old adage – knowledge is power.
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, I’d like to invite you to follow the link below to learn more and to book an appointment. Go ahead, wait no more – find out exactly what you’re made of.”
Find out more here:
- InBody 270 First Look – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbgP14WnKm4
- InBody 270 – Website – https://inbodycanada.ca/products/inbody-270-body-composition-analyzer-2/
- Hydrate well the day before.
- Remove all jewelry, socks, pantyhose and shoes.
- Stand upright for at least 5 minutes prior to testing.
- Avoid drinking caffeine on the day of your test.
- Avoid eating 3-4 hours prior to testing.
- Use the restroom prior to testing.
- Avoid exercising 6-12 hours prior to testing.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for 24 hours prior to testing.
- Avoid InBody testing after a shower or sauna.
- Avoid using lotion or ointment on hands or feet.
- If testing in the winter, warm yourself up for 20 minutes prior to testing.
- Avoid testing if you are pregnant, menstruating, or have medical implants such as pacemakers and other life-sustaining medical implants.
Appts and Prices:
Kin Assessment + InBody Assessment – (60 mins, $130)
Kin Subsequent Session – (45 mins, $100) – Includes follow-up In-Body Test
Kin Subsequent Session – (30 mins, $65)
In-Body Assessment – (15 mins, $50)